Every new Cosmix is an intense labour of love, and this one was even more so.
Well, since volume 9 (almost 2 years have gone by!), I have been distraught by the fact that the genre represented in this series of mix has kind of whithered…
The Nu Disco label has become a kind of fad, shall we say for lack of a better term, and in doing so, the forebears of the genre have become more quiet, distracted or otherwise absent, while the hangers-on and wanna-bes took center stage…
Now, I’m not criticizing, I’m merely explaining why I found this iteration slightly harder to give birth to.
I must admit I almost struggled to find tracks that would fit in a new Cosmix, and even though I am extremely proud of the final result, it is obvious even to the least attentive listener that this mix is a lot more house and tech than it is disco, although the filiation is never far.
Am I forecasting the end of the series?
That would be akin to forecasting the end of music…
But the future will be a continuum of the past and I doubt there can be more than one additional iteration in this series, if at all…
Monsieur Seb Presents Cosmix 10: Atom & Eve
- Tender Love – Layo & Bushwacka
- Les Mondes Engloutis (Psychemagik 5am Mix) – Alico Vs. Cagri
- Switch – Tomson & Benedict
- Faux De Baux – Real Connoisseur
- Saturday Morning (Ruben & Ra’s Cosmic Jam) – Ajello
- The Blue Train (Dicky Trisco Mix) – Drop Out Orchestra
- Circle – Mad:Am
- Pieces (Panorama Mix) – Flashmob Feat . Laila Walker
- Eternity – Roberto Rodriguez
- In The Morning – Wolf + Lamb
- Sweet Talk (Urulu Works For Me Dub) – Jessie Ware
- The Traveller – Manuel Tur
- Systemwide – Christian Smith
- Mungolian Jetset Presents Knights Of Jumungus: The Dark Incal – Mungolian Jetset
- Castle (Fran Von Vie Remix) – Stas Karpenkov
- Karoo – Larse
- All I See Is You (Miguel Graca Remix) – Lemi Featuring James Reid With Natasha Flame
- Mon Duul – Cerebro
- Earth – Nu
- Are You Sure Joe (Neil Quigley’s Journey To Metaluna) – Cine City
- Brothers On The Slide (Jimpster Remix) – Patchworks Ginger Xpress
- Mark My Words (Monkey Boots/Disco Edits Re-Edit) – Shallow Taxi Club
- Eg-Ged-Osis (Todd Terje Extended Edit) – Lindstrom
- The Church of Moroder – Chardonnay
- Lipps (Inland Knights Kiss It Remix) – Inland Knights/Gil Tamazyan
- Silver Tears (Space Ranger Remix) – Ajello
- Love Somebosdy Else (Feat. Joi Cardwell) – Maceo Plex & Jon Dasilva
- How Do You Do? (Todd Terje Remix) – Hot Chip
- Gun Shy (Lindstrøm Remix) – Grizzly Bear
- Journey To The Sun (Milton Jackson Club Mix) – The Sunburst Band
- Dance Like Nobody’s Watching – Roberto Rodriguez
- Sunset (Lpz Remix) – Compuphonic
- Faar-I-Kaal – Lindstrøm
- Mungolian Jetset Presents Jaga Jazzist Vs Knights Of Jumungus: Toccata – Mungolian Jetset
Let’s be clear right from the get-go:
This is the best Cosmix iteration since the serie’s inception.
I could very well stop here and let the music do the talking, but I still feel like making introductions for this monster…
Nothing short of that.
Well, for one, because its 43 tracks make for a three hours and fifty-three minutes listening experience.
And also because, even though many hours of preparation were involved, it was recorded in one straight take with no edits or touch-ups, and nothing but a bowl of cafe latte in this DJ…
Needless to say I am extremely proud of the final result of this session, for the following reasons (among others):
- The track selection is (humbly) flawless. It ranges from your basic Boogie to Jazz-Funk influenced Electronica to downright Deep House and Electro and even a few that are impossible to categorize, all the while keeping to the spirit of the Cosmix series.
- The mixing is (again, humbly) spot on. As usual, there are many long, drawn-out mixes, the longest one clocking in at 5 minutes (by that I mean that two tracks play at the same time and at the same volume for 5 minutes).
- I felt like it was ages since I had recorded the last Cosmix, even though it’s not even been 6 months.
- I was afraid the series was dying from lack of interesting material, but these 43 tracks have given me hope for the future.
Still, that being said, I haven’t given away one iota if this mix’ intensity and the music still has the whole stage to speak for itself and make you its slave!
Oh! And if you’re wondering about the lysergic thing, well… Let’s just say there’s plenty of acid sprinkled throughout…
P.S.: Yes. the title of the last track IS a message…
As usual, you can stream it
Monsieur Seb’s Cosmix volume 9: Lysergic Emanations from Outer Space or download it by right-clicking the image on the right.
Monsieur Seb’s Cosmix volume 9: Lysergic Emanations from Outer Space
- Gladys Knight (Alex Barck Remix) – Prommer & Barck (2011)
- You Know I Know It – Tensnake (2011)
- Fine Taste Cliche – Danel (2010)
- Get Together (Ooft Deep Dub) – Bubba & T-Bone (2011)
- Express – Black Van (2011)
- Love – Alphabet City (2011)
- Pinisi – Midnight Savari (2011)
- White Dwarf – Marco Passarani (2011)
- Repitition (Art Of Tones Remix) – Evan Evans (2011)
- Do You Believe? (James Curd Instrumental Mix) – Poolside (2011)
- Love The Freak (Loose Fit Remix) – Duffstep (2011)
- Shower Show – Chicken Lips present The Rhythm Odyssey (2011)
- Berlin Sunrise – Daniel Wang (2004)
- Hot On The Heels – Soft Metals (2011)
- Acid Reflux (Prins Thomas Diskomiks) – Ulysses (2011)
- 90 Seconds – Kael Misko (2011)
- Soho Phaze (Faze Action Edit) – Elixia (2011)
- Kilimanjaro (The Revenge Reekin’struction) – Letta Mbulu (2011)
- This Groove Is On The Loose (My Cousin Roy’s Way Past Due Mix) – Greyship Daviz (2010)
- No One Belongs Here More Than You (Ewan’s Balearos Maximos Remix) – Martin Dawson & Glimpse (2011)
- Discuss – Stopmakingme (2010)
- Teamgeist Feat. Patrick Pulsinger – Wolfram (2011)
- Going To Chicago – Weekend Express (2011)
- Bozak – Rune Lindbaek & Frisvold (2010)
- Chick Chick – Toby Tobias (2009)
- Galactic Juju – Kid Who (2011)
- Yeah (Jay Shepheard Remix) – Ooft (2011)
- Vacuum Phenomenon (Ytre Rymden Dansskola Remix) – Kelton Prima (2011)
- Stockholm Syndrome – Beatfanatic (2010)
- In Your Eyes (Black Strobe Instrumental Remix) – James Curd & Ziggy Franklin (2011)
- My House (Stopmakingme Remix) – Hercules & Love Affair (2011)
- Into Your Face – Downtown Party Network (2008)
- Good Day Today (Diskjokke Remix) – David Lynch (2011)
- Galli (Give It Up) – Bottin & Rodion (2010)
- Love Papers – Toby Tobias (2011)
- New Years Eve – Chaim (2010)
- I Want It (Lindstrom & Prins Thomas Remix) – Locussolus (2011)
- I’m Gonna Make You Dance – Wagon Cookin’ (2010)
- Dayshift (Oliver’s Nightshift Remix) – Juan Atkins (2011)
- Killing Jokes – The Glimmers (2010)
- KKK – G.A.N.G. (1983)
- The Car – Gianni Rossi (2011)
- Start It Again – Datassette (2001)