Let’s be clear right from the get-go:
This is the best Cosmix iteration since the serie’s inception.
I could very well stop here and let the music do the talking, but I still feel like making introductions for this monster…
Nothing short of that.
Well, for one, because its 43 tracks make for a three hours and fifty-three minutes listening experience.
And also because, even though many hours of preparation were involved, it was recorded in one straight take with no edits or touch-ups, and nothing but a bowl of cafe latte in this DJ…
Needless to say I am extremely proud of the final result of this session, for the following reasons (among others):
- The track selection is (humbly) flawless. It ranges from your basic Boogie to Jazz-Funk influenced Electronica to downright Deep House and Electro and even a few that are impossible to categorize, all the while keeping to the spirit of the Cosmix series.
- The mixing is (again, humbly) spot on. As usual, there are many long, drawn-out mixes, the longest one clocking in at 5 minutes (by that I mean that two tracks play at the same time and at the same volume for 5 minutes).
- I felt like it was ages since I had recorded the last Cosmix, even though it’s not even been 6 months.
- I was afraid the series was dying from lack of interesting material, but these 43 tracks have given me hope for the future.
Still, that being said, I haven’t given away one iota if this mix’ intensity and the music still has the whole stage to speak for itself and make you its slave!
Oh! And if you’re wondering about the lysergic thing, well… Let’s just say there’s plenty of acid sprinkled throughout…
You can stream or download it here and your donations are welcome to help me pay for the file hosting!
P.S.: Yes. the title of the last track IS a message…
Monsieur Seb’s Cosmix volume 9
Lysergic Emanations from Outer Space
- Gladys Knight (Alex Barck Remix) – Prommer & Barck (2011)
- You Know I Know It – Tensnake (2011)
- Fine Taste Cliche – Danel (2010)
- Get Together (Ooft Deep Dub) – Bubba & T-Bone (2011)
- Express – Black Van (2011)
- Love – Alphabet City (2011)
- Pinisi – Midnight Savari (2011)
- White Dwarf – Marco Passarani (2011)
- Repitition (Art Of Tones Remix) – Evan Evans (2011)
- Do You Believe? (James Curd Instrumental Mix) – Poolside (2011)
- Love The Freak (Loose Fit Remix) – Duffstep (2011)
- Shower Show – Chicken Lips present The Rhythm Odyssey (2011)
- Berlin Sunrise – Daniel Wang (2004)
- Hot On The Heels – Soft Metals (2011)
- Acid Reflux (Prins Thomas Diskomiks) – Ulysses (2011)
- 90 Seconds – Kael Misko (2011)
- Soho Phaze (Faze Action Edit) – Elixia (2011)
- Kilimanjaro (The Revenge Reekin’struction) – Letta Mbulu (2011)
- This Groove Is On The Loose (My Cousin Roy’s Way Past Due Mix) – Greyship Daviz (2010)
- No One Belongs Here More Than You (Ewan’s Balearos Maximos Remix) – Martin Dawson & Glimpse (2011)
- Discuss – Stopmakingme (2010)
- Teamgeist Feat. Patrick Pulsinger – Wolfram (2011)
- Going To Chicago – Weekend Express (2011)
- Bozak – Rune Lindbaek & Frisvold (2010)
- Chick Chick – Toby Tobias (2009)
- Galactic Juju – Kid Who (2011)
- Yeah (Jay Shepheard Remix) – Ooft (2011)
- Vacuum Phenomenon (Ytre Rymden Dansskola Remix) – Kelton Prima (2011)
- Stockholm Syndrome – Beatfanatic (2010)
- In Your Eyes (Black Strobe Instrumental Remix) – James Curd & Ziggy Franklin (2011)
- My House (Stopmakingme Remix) – Hercules & Love Affair (2011)
- Into Your Face – Downtown Party Network (2008)
- Good Day Today (Diskjokke Remix) – David Lynch (2011)
- Galli (Give It Up) – Bottin & Rodion (2010)
- Love Papers – Toby Tobias (2011)
- New Years Eve – Chaim (2010)
- I Want It (Lindstrom & Prins Thomas Remix) – Locussolus (2011)
- I’m Gonna Make You Dance – Wagon Cookin’ (2010)
- Dayshift (Oliver’s Nightshift Remix) – Juan Atkins (2011)
- Killing Jokes – The Glimmers (2010)
- KKK – G.A.N.G. (1983)
- The Car – Gianni Rossi (2011)
- Start It Again – Datassette (2001)
Good things can be said about working from home: when contracts are less forthcoming, I get more time to mix!
Hence, this fifth mix in little over a month.
Those who are in contact with me on Facebook know that I announced a new Lounge mix a couple of days ago but, lo and behold, here is a new House mix.
I’ve explained before how a new mix comes to be with regards to the way I work and, to make a long story short, this here House mix competed for my attention with that Lounge thing and won.
Not only did it win, but it litterally took over me: whereas I usually spend a few hours preparing a new mix, carefully researching the tracklist and mixes, this one came out almost automatically in just about twice it’s recorded length…
OK, that reads strangely…
What I mean is: this mix is one hours and forty-three minutes long and it took me only three hours and a half to do it, planning and recording included.
In any case, as the titles suggests, it is a mix of good, dare I say “mature”, House music.
No frills and dancefloor gimmicks, just good songcraft.
Kick back and enjoy.
By the way, there a few tracks in there that are freely and legally downloadable, so do click the links in the tracklist below to get yer goodies!
You can stream or download it here and your donations are welcome to help me pay for the file hosting!.
House Music for Grown-Ups
- Nattestid – Diskjokke
- Fail Forever (DOP Remix) – When Saint Go Machine
- Best Friend (Charles Webster Vocal Remix) – Voom Voom
- Leggs Feat. Stephanie (Live At Footowork) – Pezzner
- Over The Ice – The Field
- Sous Le Sable – Appleblim & Ramadanman
- In My System (The Revenge Remix) – The Gathering
- Paris (Arto Mwambe Remix) – Friendly Fires
- Head On A Stick – Palm Skin Productions
- Uncomfortable – Levani Uchaneishvili
- Miezekatze – Ogris Debris
- Ghost In The Machine – DiskJokke & Strangefruit Presents The Sjukt
- Bug In The Machine – DiskJokke & Strangefruit Presents The Sjukt
- Journey To The Core Of The Unknown Sphere (Kyle Hall I’m Only Breathing Remix) – Space Dimension Controller
- Transatlantic Landing Bay – Space Dimension Controller
- Sobeck – Fred Everything
Some mixes just beg to be recorded.
Barely two months since the last installment in the series comes a new one.
The pieces just fell into place, or, more appropriately, the sculpture was already in the stone, all I had to do was remove the excess material, to paraphrase what a great sculptor once said.
So, here it is, in all its glorious two hours, fifty-five minutes and 40 seconds, my new 30 tracks-large sound sculpture.
It is all at once very different and totally similar to its predecessors.
It’ll make you groove, move, sway and play, it’ll take you through all kinds of emotions, ideas and dreams.
Or so I humbly hope.
Please abuse responsibly by clicking the title to strem or download the mix.
- Burning Jupiter – Ilya Santana
- Totally Tubular – Lovesick
- Ufology – B Project
- Lose Myself – Manolo
- Falling – I:Cube
- Dog Got My Wah Wah – Out In The Sticks
- Rosenrod – Diskjokke
- Love Honey (Ilya Santana Remix) – Sugardaddy
- Time To Come – Ilya Santana
- Kahluha Madness – Ytre Rymden Dansskola
- Belfast (Sleazy McQueen’s Gabe Bass Mix) – Filipsson & Lindblad
- Can You Feel It – Tensnake
- Spindle – Brinton McKay
- Maratona’s Grey Sky (Kid Who’s Cosmic Mix) – 3AM
- Bleep Me (Dairmount & Honesty Perspective) – Dj Honesty
- Eurodancer (Azari & III Mix) – Mano Le Tough
- Endorphinmachine – Erobique
- Chemise (Tony Underground Remix) – Sorcerer
- No Static – Bottin
- Jet Set (Ray Mang Version) – Marius
- Home From The Can (Tensnake Remix) – Polargeist
- In The End (I Want You To Cry) – Tensnake
- Wait A Minute (Arto Mwambe Remix) – Osborne
- Quiet Please – The Heels Of Love
- Men Of The Future (Kris Menace Remix) – Moonbootica
- Thermionic – Lazersonic
- Norfolk Nights – Shit Robot
- Komischer Ruckenwind – Dj Kaos
- Oxygène (Greg Wilson Edit) – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Pulsations – Brain Machine
After recording volume one, the urge to make a second iteration of the Cosmix Series (it was clear to me that this was going to be a series) rapidly became intense and Second Orbit was born a mere 6 months after its predecessor.
I find that this mix is more refined and focused, compared to the previous one, but that’s explained by the fact that I was still discovering and exploring the limits of the genre, six months earlier.
Here’ I’ve started to define what my Sound is going to be within this genre, as well as exploring and paying hommage to the roots, as witnessed by the inclusion of tracks by Kano and Alan Hackshaw.
As usual, you can stream or download it here. As always, your donations are welcome to help me pay for the file hosting!
Monsieur Seb’s Cosmix, 2nd Orbit — Recorded Live June 14-15th 2008
- Grn Aventurine – Château Flight
- Suoivegan Mamadoo – Mari Boine vs. Mungolian Jetset
- Love Love Love (Aeroplane Mix) – Low Motion Disco
- Eurora (Blackbelt Andersen Remix) – Fjordfunk
- In The Silver White Box – In Flagranti
- Start Something – Morten Sorensen
- Elektric Evening – Elitechnique
- Stellar Way – Acos CoolKAs
- Some Signs Are Good – Diskjokke
- Meridian (Amberflame Edit) – Acos CoolKAs
- Breakdown – Toby Tobias
- Time To Let Go (Lindstrøm Remix) – Sally Shapiro
- Fox In The Box (Telespazio Remix) – UND
- Crush the Liberation – The Juan Maclean
- Boston Food Strangler (Diskjokke Re-Mix) – Ost & Kjex
- After Midnight (Original 12” version) – Ilija Rudman
- Tito’s Way (Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas Remix) – The Juan Maclean
- See And Know – Amberflame
- Step In (Faze Action Remix) – Roland Schwarz
- It’s A War (Serge Santiago Uk Re-Edit) – Kano
- Global Pillage – Ichisan
- Over The Sky (Reverso 68 Remix) – Ajello
- Happy House (Prince Language Dub) – The Juan Maclean
- The Speed Of Sound – Alan Hawkshaw