Every new Cosmix is an intense labour of love, and this one was even more so.
Well, since volume 9 (almost 2 years have gone by!), I have been distraught by the fact that the genre represented in this series of mix has kind of whithered…
The Nu Disco label has become a kind of fad, shall we say for lack of a better term, and in doing so, the forebears of the genre have become more quiet, distracted or otherwise absent, while the hangers-on and wanna-bes took center stage…
Now, I’m not criticizing, I’m merely explaining why I found this iteration slightly harder to give birth to.
I must admit I almost struggled to find tracks that would fit in a new Cosmix, and even though I am extremely proud of the final result, it is obvious even to the least attentive listener that this mix is a lot more house and tech than it is disco, although the filiation is never far.
Am I forecasting the end of the series?
That would be akin to forecasting the end of music…
But the future will be a continuum of the past and I doubt there can be more than one additional iteration in this series, if at all…
Monsieur Seb Presents Cosmix 10: Atom & Eve
- Tender Love – Layo & Bushwacka
- Les Mondes Engloutis (Psychemagik 5am Mix) – Alico Vs. Cagri
- Switch – Tomson & Benedict
- Faux De Baux – Real Connoisseur
- Saturday Morning (Ruben & Ra’s Cosmic Jam) – Ajello
- The Blue Train (Dicky Trisco Mix) – Drop Out Orchestra
- Circle – Mad:Am
- Pieces (Panorama Mix) – Flashmob Feat . Laila Walker
- Eternity – Roberto Rodriguez
- In The Morning – Wolf + Lamb
- Sweet Talk (Urulu Works For Me Dub) – Jessie Ware
- The Traveller – Manuel Tur
- Systemwide – Christian Smith
- Mungolian Jetset Presents Knights Of Jumungus: The Dark Incal – Mungolian Jetset
- Castle (Fran Von Vie Remix) – Stas Karpenkov
- Karoo – Larse
- All I See Is You (Miguel Graca Remix) – Lemi Featuring James Reid With Natasha Flame
- Mon Duul – Cerebro
- Earth – Nu
- Are You Sure Joe (Neil Quigley’s Journey To Metaluna) – Cine City
- Brothers On The Slide (Jimpster Remix) – Patchworks Ginger Xpress
- Mark My Words (Monkey Boots/Disco Edits Re-Edit) – Shallow Taxi Club
- Eg-Ged-Osis (Todd Terje Extended Edit) – Lindstrom
- The Church of Moroder – Chardonnay
- Lipps (Inland Knights Kiss It Remix) – Inland Knights/Gil Tamazyan
- Silver Tears (Space Ranger Remix) – Ajello
- Love Somebosdy Else (Feat. Joi Cardwell) – Maceo Plex & Jon Dasilva
- How Do You Do? (Todd Terje Remix) – Hot Chip
- Gun Shy (Lindstrøm Remix) – Grizzly Bear
- Journey To The Sun (Milton Jackson Club Mix) – The Sunburst Band
- Dance Like Nobody’s Watching – Roberto Rodriguez
- Sunset (Lpz Remix) – Compuphonic
- Faar-I-Kaal – Lindstrøm
- Mungolian Jetset Presents Jaga Jazzist Vs Knights Of Jumungus: Toccata – Mungolian Jetset
Well, the day came, I played and the day went.
It wasn’t as sunny as one might’ve hopped, therefore not as many people showed up, but it was, all in all, a great day!
As I said in the Q&A I answered on the Piknic Électronik website, all the different styles of electronic music are part of one big continuum, but our tendency to try and categorize everything makes it confusing.
Well, this set aims to prove just that with its wide ranging spectrum of sounds (and quite a lot of acid throughout).
Hope you enjoy!
As usual, you can stream it
Live May 30th 2010 or download it by right-clicking the image on the right.
Monsieur Seb Live @ Piknic Électronik, May 30th, 2010, 4 pm to 7 pm, Scène STM
- Stars (Rodion & Mammarella Mix) — Visti & Meyland
- Do It To The Max — 6th Borough Project
- Looking Up To You — The Revenge
- Stratus Quo — 6th Borough Project
- Hotz 4 U — The Revenge
- Night Dance (Max Essa Remix) — Pete Gooding & Chris Coco
- Pionir (Lusty Zanibar Remix) — Ichisan & Nakova
- Motorcycles — Tiago
- Beat-N-Path (Brennan Green’s Anxious Acid Version) — Cage & Aviary
- It’s More Fun To Compute (Busy P Remix) — Kraftwerk
- Highway 24 — Toby Tobias
- Highway 1 — Toby Tobias
- Filter 57 Mild — Ichisan & Nakova
- Big Bang Love (The Phenomenal Handclap Band Remix) — Gina & Tony
- Roller Coaster — Sebo K
- The Longest Day — Layo & Bushwacka!
- Love Harmonic (Carl Craig’s Soundscape Remix) — Mirko Loko
- More Than You Know — Midland & Ramadanman
- 99 (Tim Green Rmx) — Cassius
- Okay, Cool — Tbd
- Voodoo — Tigerskin
- Jam Hot (Tensnake Remix) — Johnny Dynell
- Fantasy (Faze Action Special Disco Edit) — Johnny Hammond
- Dance Me (Beatport Extended Bonus Version) — Riva Starr feat. Trim
- Feel Me — Tigerskin
- Under The Radar Feat. Fadila (Rozzo Mix) — Mike Shannon
- Where Were You Feat. Robert Owens (Kirk Degiorgio Vocal Remix) — Robert Owens, Tj Kong, Nuno Dos Santos
- Miracle Man (Lovebirds Instrumental Mix) — Jones, Blank
- Thermionic — Lazersonic
- Rolling Bass (Ooft Remix) — Vadim Yershov
- Rise Rhythm — Willie Graff & Tuccillo
- Moon Jocks N Prog Rocks (Todd Terje’s Even Stiv-En Dub Version) — Mungolian Jetset
- Surprise Bonus Track
As always, your donations are welcome to help me pay for the file hosting! 😉
I recorded my last set in my fourth — and as it turned out, last — year as a resident at Montreal’s nicest terrasse, and I think it’s a nice farewell mix with tracks that encompass everything I’ve played there over the years.
A couple of the mixes are not top notch, but those things can happen to the best of them when playing live and talking to guests at the same time! 😉
You can stream it I Am Rhythm or “right-click/save as” on the image to download it.