Here it is, just in time for all your summer music needs! This is the revised version, because I wasn’t entirely satisfied with the one poste three weeks ago; I removed two songs from the tracklist and added one, as well as moving one from the beginning to the end of the mix to improve the flow.
Click on the image (© Christelle Canivet) to download or stream from Mixcloud.
Pomo _ Cherry Funk (feat. KAYTRANADA)
Siren with Mr. Reed _ A-way
Lindstrøm _ Home Tonight Extended Version
Roberto Rodriguez (Manolo) _ Giving It All
Noir & Haze _ Around (Solomun Vox)
Art Of Tones _ Dirty Stories
Liquid Phonk _ Throw Your Hands
Daco _ Meine Killer (feat Die Hexen)
Art Of Tones _ The Rainbow Song
Mona Lazette _ Pressure Pressure (Art Of Tones Remix)
Art of Tones _ I Just Can’t (Get over It)
Flash Atkins _ Acid House Creator (Ralph Myerz mix)
Mezman _ TNA
Van Who? & Ygor Ramirez _ Arpegiu
Audion _ Mouth to Mouth (Riva Starr Remix)
Jungle _ Julia (Soulwax Remix)
Greenskeepers _ I Am Trying (The Juan MacLean remix)
Lindstrøm _ Closing Shot
Moon Mood _ Stargazing
Bassfort _ Moonlight (Kyodai Rework)
Magnus International _ Synths of Jupiter
Flash Atkins/2 Billion Beats _ Wilco
Flash Atkins _ Levenshulme Orphanage For Boys (Doc L Junior’s Flashing Thunder dub)
Shahrokh Dini _ Gohar
Marvin & Guy _ Targa (Long Drive) (feat. Sebastien Bouchet)
Von Party & Dreems _ Wet Raga
As has been relatively true for years, I often release many mixes in a short period of time and here’s House Music for Grown-Ups Volume 5, barely three weeks after this year’s Summer Breeze Edition!
As is often the case when I’m gripped by the muses of inspiration, this mix was put together in a few hours, barely double its actual length.
It starts off quite energetic and mellows slowly — although the tempo doesn’t slow — to a nice sexy vibe over a period of approximately 100 minutes. I guess you could say SBXV is the afternoon set and this the evening set of your perfect summertime Saturday!
Zip download or
House Music for Grown-Ups Volume 5 by Monsieur Seb on Mixcloud
- Descenders of the Faith _ Reed & Radley
- Silvery Sounds (with e-piano) _ The Sound of K
- Headstones _ Reed & Radley
- Think Twice feat Alexander East (Fred Everything Lazy Vox Remix) _ Yousef
- 90s Girls _ Sui Generis
- Fields of May _ Reed & Radley
- How Does It Feel (Richard Seaborne mix) _ Proviant Audio
- You Don’t Have To _ Clip!
- The Pap (Ralf Gum Main Mix) _ Ralf Gum & Monique Bingham
- Birkelunden (Ravi’s Løkkatrøkka Birkebanger) _ Diskobeistet
- I’m Losing Control (Maus Remix) _ LeBaron
- Wuehlmaus _ DJ Aroma
- Superstitious (Djedjotronic Remix) _ M.A.N.D.Y.
- I Human feat Paul Randolph (Fred Everything Expression) _ Jazzanova
- Smile _ Jay Nemor & De Fantastiske To
- Intuition _ Roberto Rodriguez (Manolo)
- Gammal Morro _ Diskobeistet
- Do It (Part Two) (Mindlo & Essential i Remix) _ Shake The Dog feat. Monique Bingham
- Lesexe _ LeSale
Here it is, Cosmonauts and Cosmonettes: the new Cosmix is about to hit your ears and endorphin production centers!
Several weeks in the making, this iteration of the series is a proud successor to its predecessors inasmuch as it doesn’t much sound like any of them! 🙂
Its 29 tracks range from 115 to 124 beats per minute and from pure disco to so called slo-mo house and deep house with a splash of italo-feeling groove and even an ambiant conclusion that I litterally decided on seconds before the track began. The mix was initially supposed to end with Carl Craig’s remix of Tiga’s track, but for reasons which belong to creators and artists, I just had to throw in Arp’s amazing tribute to krautrock as a coda to this mix.
Despite the high track count, it is a relatively short affair compared to previous iterations in the series. What that means is simple: unmixed, all the tracks on Cosmix 8 total 3,7 hours of music. Mixed (if one excludes the last track that’s not really “mixed” per se), you get 2 hours and 30 minutes. So more that an hour of that tracklist happens while two tracks are playing at the same time… Yeah, I like long haul mixes, a luxury afforded by new technological tools like Mixed in Key and pitch lock.
In any case, enough geek-talk! Get to downloadin’ and enjoy!
Oh! Wait! I’ve prepared a 21 minutes minimix that will be available exclusively to those who make a voluntary contribution of 10$ or more by clicking the PayPal Donate button below. Think of it as Cosmix 8: the extras! 🙂
P.S.: In case you haven’t checked it out yet, don’t forget to give a glance at Cosmix 7.5, which was an exclusive podcast for my friend Mike’s label CCCLTD and kind of a sneak peek at Cosmix 8.
Monsieur Seb’s Cosmix 8: In Space, Everyone Can See You Boogie
- La Ninya (Afrodub Version) – John Talabot
- Whispering Twirl – Tornado Wallace
- Costa Verde – Space Ranger
- Superstring – Space Ranger
- Le Troublant Acid – KZA
- Matilda’s Dream – John Talabot
- Freekend feat. Danielle Moore (Anthony Mansfield & Nick Chacona Dub) – Hot Toddy
- Wake Up – The Glimmers
- Naked (Kink Mix) – Sleazy McQueen
- Hot Pepper Sauce – Stopmakingme
- Superbacon – Kasper Bjørke & Tom Barford
- I Know You’re Mine – Roberto Rodriguez (Manolo)
- The Jammer – Chamboche
- Cosmic Radiation – Dionigi
- Pushin’ – Toomy Disco
- Shave Me, I’m Famous (Instrumental) – Space Ranger
- 60 Minutes – Dionigi
- Distant Shores – Petar Dundov
- Mitch (Emperor Machine Long Version) – Acidkids
- No Brain (Serge Santiago Remix) – Étienne De Crécy
- Will I (Instrumental) – Sportlotto
- Moody Bang (Tensnake Remix) – Ajello
- Soul Train – The Glimmers
- Subgreen (Arto Mwambe’s Saap-Green Mix) – Extraproduktionen
- Eleven Dimensions – Dionigi
- Megalopolis (Beatfanatic Remix) – Cloned In Vatican
- All Night – Oliver
- Love Don’t Dance Here Anymore (Carl Craig Remix 2) – Tiga
- Pastoral Symphony: I. Dominoes — II. Infinity Room – Arp
Some mixes just beg to be recorded.
Barely two months since the last installment in the series comes a new one.
The pieces just fell into place, or, more appropriately, the sculpture was already in the stone, all I had to do was remove the excess material, to paraphrase what a great sculptor once said.
So, here it is, in all its glorious two hours, fifty-five minutes and 40 seconds, my new 30 tracks-large sound sculpture.
It is all at once very different and totally similar to its predecessors.
It’ll make you groove, move, sway and play, it’ll take you through all kinds of emotions, ideas and dreams.
Or so I humbly hope.
Please abuse responsibly.
Monsieur Seb’s Cosmix vol. 6: Set the Controls for the Heart of the Ultraworld
- Burning Jupiter – Ilya Santana
- Totally Tubular – Lovesick
- Ufology – B Project
- Lose Myself – Manolo
- Falling – I:Cube
- Dog Got My Wah Wah – Out In The Sticks
- Rosenrod – Diskjokke
- Love Honey (Ilya Santana Remix) – Sugardaddy
- Time To Come – Ilya Santana
- Kahluha Madness – Ytre Rymden Dansskola
- Belfast (Sleazy McQueen’s Gabe Bass Mix) – Filipsson & Lindblad
- Can You Feel It – Tensnake
- Spindle – Brinton McKay
- Maratona’s Grey Sky (Kid Who’s Cosmic Mix) – 3AM
- Bleep Me (Dairmount & Honesty Perspective) – Dj Honesty
- Eurodancer (Azari & III Mix) – Mano Le Tough
- Endorphinmachine – Erobique
- Chemise (Tony Underground Remix) – Sorcerer
- No Static – Bottin
- Jet Set (Ray Mang Version) – Marius
- Home From The Can (Tensnake Remix) – Polargeist
- In The End (I Want You To Cry) – Tensnake
- Wait A Minute (Arto Mwambe Remix) – Osborne
- Quiet Please – The Heels Of Love
- Men Of The Future (Kris Menace Remix) – Moonbootica
- Thermionic – Lazersonic
- Norfolk Nights – Shit Robot
- Komischer Ruckenwind – Dj Kaos
- Oxygène (Greg Wilson Edit) – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Pulsations – Brain Machine