Yeah, been slacking on the upkeep of this blog… Here are a few mixes that came out since Atom & Eve that I uploaded directly to my Mixcloud page instead of here…
This is the best Cosmix iteration since the serie’s inception.
I could very well stop here and let the music do the talking, but I still feel like making introductions for this monster…
Nothing short of that.
Well, for one, because its 43 tracks make for a three hours and fifty-three minutes listening experience.
And also because, even though many hours of preparation were involved, it was recorded in one straight take with no edits or touch-ups, and nothing but a bowl of cafe latte in this DJ…
Needless to say I am extremely proud of the final result of this session, for the following reasons (among others):
- The track selection is (humbly) flawless. It ranges from your basic Boogie to Jazz-Funk influenced Electronica to downright Deep House and Electro and even a few that are impossible to categorize, all the while keeping to the spirit of the Cosmix series.
- The mixing is (again, humbly) spot on. As usual, there are many long, drawn-out mixes, the longest one clocking in at 5 minutes (by that I mean that two tracks play at the same time and at the same volume for 5 minutes).
- I felt like it was ages since I had recorded the last Cosmix, even though it’s not even been 6 months.
- I was afraid the series was dying from lack of interesting material, but these 43 tracks have given me hope for the future.
Still, that being said, I haven’t given away one iota if this mix’ intensity and the music still has the whole stage to speak for itself and make you its slave!
Oh! And if you’re wondering about the lysergic thing, well… Let’s just say there’s plenty of acid sprinkled throughout…
P.S.: Yes. the title of the last track IS a message…
Monsieur Seb’s Cosmix volume 9
Lysergic Emanations from Outer Space
- Gladys Knight (Alex Barck Remix) – Prommer & Barck (2011)
- You Know I Know It – Tensnake (2011)
- Fine Taste Cliche – Danel (2010)
- Get Together (Ooft Deep Dub) – Bubba & T-Bone (2011)
- Express – Black Van (2011)
- Love – Alphabet City (2011)
- Pinisi – Midnight Savari (2011)
- White Dwarf – Marco Passarani (2011)
- Repitition (Art Of Tones Remix) – Evan Evans (2011)
- Do You Believe? (James Curd Instrumental Mix) – Poolside (2011)
- Love The Freak (Loose Fit Remix) – Duffstep (2011)
- Shower Show – Chicken Lips present The Rhythm Odyssey (2011)
- Berlin Sunrise – Daniel Wang (2004)
- Hot On The Heels – Soft Metals (2011)
- Acid Reflux (Prins Thomas Diskomiks) – Ulysses (2011)
- 90 Seconds – Kael Misko (2011)
- Soho Phaze (Faze Action Edit) – Elixia (2011)
- Kilimanjaro (The Revenge Reekin’struction) – Letta Mbulu (2011)
- This Groove Is On The Loose (My Cousin Roy’s Way Past Due Mix) – Greyship Daviz (2010)
- No One Belongs Here More Than You (Ewan’s Balearos Maximos Remix) – Martin Dawson & Glimpse (2011)
- Discuss – Stopmakingme (2010)
- Teamgeist Feat. Patrick Pulsinger – Wolfram (2011)
- Going To Chicago – Weekend Express (2011)
- Bozak – Rune Lindbaek & Frisvold (2010)
- Chick Chick – Toby Tobias (2009)
- Galactic Juju – Kid Who (2011)
- Yeah (Jay Shepheard Remix) – Ooft (2011)
- Vacuum Phenomenon (Ytre Rymden Dansskola Remix) – Kelton Prima (2011)
- Stockholm Syndrome – Beatfanatic (2010)
- In Your Eyes (Black Strobe Instrumental Remix) – James Curd & Ziggy Franklin (2011)
- My House (Stopmakingme Remix) – Hercules & Love Affair (2011)
- Into Your Face – Downtown Party Network (2008)
- Good Day Today (Diskjokke Remix) – David Lynch (2011)
- Galli (Give It Up) – Bottin & Rodion (2010)
- Love Papers – Toby Tobias (2011)
- New Years Eve – Chaim (2010)
- I Want It (Lindstrom & Prins Thomas Remix) – Locussolus (2011)
- I’m Gonna Make You Dance – Wagon Cookin’ (2010)
- Dayshift (Oliver’s Nightshift Remix) – Juan Atkins (2011)
- Killing Jokes – The Glimmers (2010)
- KKK – G.A.N.G. (1983)
- The Car – Gianni Rossi (2011)
- Start It Again – Datassette (2001)
Well, the day came, I played and the day went.
It wasn’t as sunny as one might’ve hopped, therefore not as many people showed up, but it was, all in all, a great day!
As I said in the Q&A I answered on the Piknic Électronik website, all the different styles of electronic music are part of one big continuum, but our tendency to try and categorize everything makes it confusing.
Well, this set aims to prove just that with its wide ranging spectrum of sounds (and quite a lot of acid throughout).
Hope you enjoy!
Monsieur Seb Live @ Piknic Électronik, May 30th, 2010, 4 pm to 7 pm
- Stars (Rodion & Mammarella Mix) — Visti & Meyland
- Do It To The Max — 6th Borough Project
- Looking Up To You — The Revenge
- Stratus Quo — 6th Borough Project
- Hotz 4 U — The Revenge
- Night Dance (Max Essa Remix) — Pete Gooding & Chris Coco
- Pionir (Lusty Zanibar Remix) — Ichisan & Nakova
- Motorcycles — Tiago
- Beat-N-Path (Brennan Green’s Anxious Acid Version) — Cage & Aviary
- It’s More Fun To Compute (Busy P Remix) — Kraftwerk
- Highway 24 — Toby Tobias
- Highway 1 — Toby Tobias
- Filter 57 Mild — Ichisan & Nakova
- Big Bang Love (The Phenomenal Handclap Band Remix) — Gina & Tony
- Roller Coaster — Sebo K
- The Longest Day — Layo & Bushwacka!
- Love Harmonic (Carl Craig’s Soundscape Remix) — Mirko Loko
- More Than You Know — Midland & Ramadanman
- 99 (Tim Green Rmx) — Cassius
- Okay, Cool — Tbd
- Voodoo — Tigerskin
- Jam Hot (Tensnake Remix) — Johnny Dynell
- Fantasy (Faze Action Special Disco Edit) — Johnny Hammond
- Dance Me (Beatport Extended Bonus Version) — Riva Starr feat. Trim
- Feel Me — Tigerskin
- Under The Radar Feat. Fadila (Rozzo Mix) — Mike Shannon
- Where Were You Feat. Robert Owens (Kirk Degiorgio Vocal Remix) — Robert Owens, Tj Kong, Nuno Dos Santos
- Miracle Man (Lovebirds Instrumental Mix) — Jones, Blank
- Thermionic — Lazersonic
- Rolling Bass (Ooft Remix) — Vadim Yershov
- Rise Rhythm — Willie Graff & Tuccillo
- Moon Jocks N Prog Rocks (Todd Terje’s Even Stiv-En Dub Version) — Mungolian Jetset
- Surprise Bonus Track
It’s around 2005 that I discovered this new sound whose name (or names, as the case may be) I was still unaware of and which blew me away.
Slowly, I started researching, digging virtual crates and it took me a good year before I felt confident enough to try my hand at mixing the tenors of the genre.
As it happened, it was the first mix I recorded with my newly acquired Torq Xponent and the mix that made me decide I was doing away with the restriction imposed by the 75 minutes time limitation of the CD, which itself replaced the good old cassette tape, cutting out yet another 15 minutes from what used to be a good DJ mix.
From that point on, I have not recorded a mix shorter than 1h45 minutes, and all three Cosmix iterations are close to 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Monsieur Seb’s Cosmix — Recorded Live January 2nd 2008
- Kids with Sex Bits (Monsieur Seb’s mashup of Kids with Guns (Quiet Village Remix) [Gorillaz] and Dave’s Sex Bits (Quiet Village Remix) [Toby Tobias]
- Music (In My Mind) – Lindtrøm feat. Christabelle
- Mount Pleasant Lane (Spuns Manthrax) – Mudd
- Illusion (Lindstrøm Dub) – Imagination
- Let’s Practice – Lindstrøm feat. Solale
- Rex Drums – Christian Prommer’s DrumLesson
- Sentimental Breakdown – Doc L Junior
- Secret Pillow (Prins Thomas Remix) – Bermuda Triangle
- Clairevoyage (16th Rebels Of Mung Medley) – Dominique Leone
- Get Innocuous! (Soulwax Remix) – LCD Soundsystem
- Original Highway Delight (Mungolian Jet Set’s Miami Camp Mix) – LSB
- Jurassico (Prins Thomas Miks Del 1 & 2) – Nemesi
- Dragon (Shit Robot Remix) – Dondolo
- Stratus Energy (Special Disco mix) – Faze Action
- Another Station (Todd Terje Remix) – Lindstrøm
- All Flowers Must Fade – Daniel Wang
- Erodyne – Metro Area
- Erotic Discourse (2020 Livestyle Reversion) – Paul Woolford aka Bobby Peru
- Speak & Spell (Putsch 79 Remix) – Will Saul
- Nummer Fire En – Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas