Yeah, been slacking on the upkeep of this blog… Here are three or four new mixes that came out since Atom & Eve…
Let’s be clear right from the get-go:
This is the best Cosmix iteration since the serie’s inception.
I could very well stop here and let the music do the talking, but I still feel like making introductions for this monster…
Nothing short of that.
Well, for one, because its 43 tracks make for a three hours and fifty-three minutes listening experience.
And also because, even though many hours of preparation were involved, it was recorded in one straight take with no edits or touch-ups, and nothing but a bowl of cafe latte in this DJ…
Needless to say I am extremely proud of the final result of this session, for the following reasons (among others):
- The track selection is (humbly) flawless. It ranges from your basic Boogie to Jazz-Funk influenced Electronica to downright Deep House and Electro and even a few that are impossible to categorize, all the while keeping to the spirit of the Cosmix series.
- The mixing is (again, humbly) spot on. As usual, there are many long, drawn-out mixes, the longest one clocking in at 5 minutes (by that I mean that two tracks play at the same time and at the same volume for 5 minutes).
- I felt like it was ages since I had recorded the last Cosmix, even though it’s not even been 6 months.
- I was afraid the series was dying from lack of interesting material, but these 43 tracks have given me hope for the future.
Still, that being said, I haven’t given away one iota if this mix’ intensity and the music still has the whole stage to speak for itself and make you its slave!
Oh! And if you’re wondering about the lysergic thing, well… Let’s just say there’s plenty of acid sprinkled throughout…
P.S.: Yes. the title of the last track IS a message…
As usual, you can stream it
Monsieur Seb’s Cosmix volume 9: Lysergic Emanations from Outer Space or download it by right-clicking the image on the right.
Monsieur Seb’s Cosmix volume 9: Lysergic Emanations from Outer Space
- Gladys Knight (Alex Barck Remix) – Prommer & Barck (2011)
- You Know I Know It – Tensnake (2011)
- Fine Taste Cliche – Danel (2010)
- Get Together (Ooft Deep Dub) – Bubba & T-Bone (2011)
- Express – Black Van (2011)
- Love – Alphabet City (2011)
- Pinisi – Midnight Savari (2011)
- White Dwarf – Marco Passarani (2011)
- Repitition (Art Of Tones Remix) – Evan Evans (2011)
- Do You Believe? (James Curd Instrumental Mix) – Poolside (2011)
- Love The Freak (Loose Fit Remix) – Duffstep (2011)
- Shower Show – Chicken Lips present The Rhythm Odyssey (2011)
- Berlin Sunrise – Daniel Wang (2004)
- Hot On The Heels – Soft Metals (2011)
- Acid Reflux (Prins Thomas Diskomiks) – Ulysses (2011)
- 90 Seconds – Kael Misko (2011)
- Soho Phaze (Faze Action Edit) – Elixia (2011)
- Kilimanjaro (The Revenge Reekin’struction) – Letta Mbulu (2011)
- This Groove Is On The Loose (My Cousin Roy’s Way Past Due Mix) – Greyship Daviz (2010)
- No One Belongs Here More Than You (Ewan’s Balearos Maximos Remix) – Martin Dawson & Glimpse (2011)
- Discuss – Stopmakingme (2010)
- Teamgeist Feat. Patrick Pulsinger – Wolfram (2011)
- Going To Chicago – Weekend Express (2011)
- Bozak – Rune Lindbaek & Frisvold (2010)
- Chick Chick – Toby Tobias (2009)
- Galactic Juju – Kid Who (2011)
- Yeah (Jay Shepheard Remix) – Ooft (2011)
- Vacuum Phenomenon (Ytre Rymden Dansskola Remix) – Kelton Prima (2011)
- Stockholm Syndrome – Beatfanatic (2010)
- In Your Eyes (Black Strobe Instrumental Remix) – James Curd & Ziggy Franklin (2011)
- My House (Stopmakingme Remix) – Hercules & Love Affair (2011)
- Into Your Face – Downtown Party Network (2008)
- Good Day Today (Diskjokke Remix) – David Lynch (2011)
- Galli (Give It Up) – Bottin & Rodion (2010)
- Love Papers – Toby Tobias (2011)
- New Years Eve – Chaim (2010)
- I Want It (Lindstrom & Prins Thomas Remix) – Locussolus (2011)
- I’m Gonna Make You Dance – Wagon Cookin’ (2010)
- Dayshift (Oliver’s Nightshift Remix) – Juan Atkins (2011)
- Killing Jokes – The Glimmers (2010)
- KKK – G.A.N.G. (1983)
- The Car – Gianni Rossi (2011)
- Start It Again – Datassette (2001)
Several weeks in the making, this iteration of the series is a proud successor to its predecessors inasmuch as it doesn’t much sound like any of them! 🙂
Its 29 tracks range from 115 to 124 beats per minute and from pure disco to so called slo-mo house and deep house with a splash of italo-feeling groove and even an ambiant conclusion that I litterally decided on seconds before the track began. The mix was initially supposed to end with Carl Craig’s remix of Tiga’s track, but for reasons which belong to creators and artists, I just had to throw in Arp’s amazing tribute to krautrock as a coda to this mix.
Despite the high track count, it is a relatively short affair compared to previous iterations in the series. What that means is simple: unmixed, all the tracks on Cosmix 8 total 3,7 jours of music. Mixed (if one excludes the last track that’s not really “mixed” per se), you get 2 hours and 30 minutes. So more that an hour of that tracklist happens while two tracks are playing at the same time… Yeah, I like long haul mixes, a luxury afforded by new technological tools like Mixed in Key and pitch lock.
In any case, enough geek-talk! Get to downloadin’ and enjoy!
Oh! Wait! I’ve prepared a 21 minutes minimix that will be available exclusively to those who make a voluntary contribution of 10$ or more by clicking the PayPal Donate button below. Think of it as Cosmix 8: the extras! 🙂
P.S.: In case you haven’t checked it out yet, don’t forget to give a glance at Cosmix 7.5, which was an exclusive podcast for my friend Mike’s label CCCLTD and kind of a sneak peek at Cosmix 8.
As usual, you can stream it
or download it by right-clicking the image on the right.
Monsieur Seb’s Cosmix 8: In Space, Everyone Can See You Boogie
- La Ninya (Afrodub Version) – John Talabot
- Whispering Twirl – Tornado Wallace
- Costa Verde – Space Ranger
- Superstring – Space Ranger
- Le Troublant Acid – KZA
- Matilda’s Dream – John Talabot
- Freekend feat. Danielle Moore (Anthony Mansfield & Nick Chacona Dub) – Hot Toddy
- Wake Up – The Glimmers
- Naked (Kink Mix) – Sleazy McQueen
- Hot Pepper Sauce – Stopmakingme
- Superbacon – Kasper Bjørke & Tom Barford
- I Know You’re Mine – Roberto Rodriguez (Manolo)
- The Jammer – Chamboche
- Cosmic Radiation – Dionigi
- Pushin’ – Toomy Disco
- Shave Me, I’m Famous (Instrumental) – Space Ranger
- 60 Minutes – Dionigi
- Distant Shores – Petar Dundov
- Mitch (Emperor Machine Long Version) – Acidkids
- No Brain (Serge Santiago Remix) – Étienne De Crécy
- Will I (Instrumental) – Sportlotto
- Moody Bang (Tensnake Remix) – Ajello
- Soul Train – The Glimmers
- Subgreen (Arto Mwambe’s Saap-Green Mix) – Extraproduktionen
- Eleven Dimensions – Dionigi
- Megalopolis (Beatfanatic Remix) – Cloned In Vatican
- All Night – Oliver
- Love Don’t Dance Here Anymore (Carl Craig Remix 2) – Tiga
- Pastoral Symphony: I. Dominoes — II. Infinity Room – Arp
Well, the day came, I played and the day went.
It wasn’t as sunny as one might’ve hopped, therefore not as many people showed up, but it was, all in all, a great day!
As I said in the Q&A I answered on the Piknic Électronik website, all the different styles of electronic music are part of one big continuum, but our tendency to try and categorize everything makes it confusing.
Well, this set aims to prove just that with its wide ranging spectrum of sounds (and quite a lot of acid throughout).
Hope you enjoy!
As usual, you can stream it
or download it by right-clicking the image on the right.
Monsieur Seb Live @ Piknic Électronik, May 30th, 2010, 4 pm to 7 pm, Scène STM
- Stars (Rodion & Mammarella Mix) — Visti & Meyland
- Do It To The Max — 6th Borough Project
- Looking Up To You — The Revenge
- Stratus Quo — 6th Borough Project
- Hotz 4 U — The Revenge
- Night Dance (Max Essa Remix) — Pete Gooding & Chris Coco
- Pionir (Lusty Zanibar Remix) — Ichisan & Nakova
- Motorcycles — Tiago
- Beat-N-Path (Brennan Green’s Anxious Acid Version) — Cage & Aviary
- It’s More Fun To Compute (Busy P Remix) — Kraftwerk
- Highway 24 — Toby Tobias
- Highway 1 — Toby Tobias
- Filter 57 Mild — Ichisan & Nakova
- Big Bang Love (The Phenomenal Handclap Band Remix) — Gina & Tony
- Roller Coaster — Sebo K
- The Longest Day — Layo & Bushwacka!
- Love Harmonic (Carl Craig’s Soundscape Remix) — Mirko Loko
- More Than You Know — Midland & Ramadanman
- 99 (Tim Green Rmx) — Cassius
- Okay, Cool — Tbd
- Voodoo — Tigerskin
- Jam Hot (Tensnake Remix) — Johnny Dynell
- Fantasy (Faze Action Special Disco Edit) — Johnny Hammond
- Dance Me (Beatport Extended Bonus Version) — Riva Starr feat. Trim
- Feel Me — Tigerskin
- Under The Radar Feat. Fadila (Rozzo Mix) — Mike Shannon
- Where Were You Feat. Robert Owens (Kirk Degiorgio Vocal Remix) — Robert Owens, Tj Kong, Nuno Dos Santos
- Miracle Man (Lovebirds Instrumental Mix) — Jones, Blank
- Thermionic — Lazersonic
- Rolling Bass (Ooft Remix) — Vadim Yershov
- Rise Rhythm — Willie Graff & Tuccillo
- Moon Jocks N Prog Rocks (Todd Terje’s Even Stiv-En Dub Version) — Mungolian Jetset
- Surprise Bonus Track
As always, your donations are welcome to help me pay for the file hosting! 😉
Some mixes just beg to be recorded.
Barely two months since the last installment in the series comes a new one.
The pieces just fell into place, or, more appropriately, the sculpture was already in the stone, all I had to do was remove the excess material, to paraphrase what a great sculptor once said.
So, here it is, in all its glorious two hours, fifty-five minutes and 40 seconds, my new 30 tracks-large sound sculpture.
It is all at once very different and totally similar to its predecessors.
It’ll make you groove, move, sway and play, it’ll take you through all kinds of emotions, ideas and dreams.
Or so I humbly hope.
Please abuse responsibly.
You can download it here and, as always, your donations are welcome to help me pay for the file hosting! 😉
Monsieur Seb’s Cosmix vol. 6: Set the Controls for the Heart of the Ultraworld
- Burning Jupiter – Ilya Santana
- Totally Tubular – Lovesick
- Ufology – B Project
- Lose Myself – Manolo
- Falling – I:Cube
- Dog Got My Wah Wah – Out In The Sticks
- Rosenrod – Diskjokke
- Love Honey (Ilya Santana Remix) – Sugardaddy
- Time To Come – Ilya Santana
- Kahluha Madness – Ytre Rymden Dansskola
- Belfast (Sleazy McQueen’s Gabe Bass Mix) – Filipsson & Lindblad
- Can You Feel It – Tensnake
- Spindle – Brinton McKay
- Maratona’s Grey Sky (Kid Who’s Cosmic Mix) – 3AM
- Bleep Me (Dairmount & Honesty Perspective) – Dj Honesty
- Eurodancer (Azari & III Mix) – Mano Le Tough
- Endorphinmachine – Erobique
- Chemise (Tony Underground Remix) – Sorcerer
- No Static – Bottin
- Jet Set (Ray Mang Version) – Marius
- Home From The Can (Tensnake Remix) – Polargeist
- In The End (I Want You To Cry) – Tensnake
- Wait A Minute (Arto Mwambe Remix) – Osborne
- Quiet Please – The Heels Of Love
- Men Of The Future (Kris Menace Remix) – Moonbootica
- Thermionic – Lazersonic
- Norfolk Nights – Shit Robot
- Komischer Ruckenwind – Dj Kaos
- Oxygène (Greg Wilson Edit) – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Pulsations – Brain Machine