Every new Cosmix is an intense labour of love, and this one was even more so.
Well, since volume 9 (almost 2 years have gone by!), I have been distraught by the fact that the genre represented in this series of mix has kind of whithered…
The Nu Disco label has become a kind of fad, shall we say for lack of a better term, and in doing so, the forebears of the genre have become more quiet, distracted or otherwise absent, while the hangers-on and wanna-bes took center stage…
Now, I’m not criticizing, I’m merely explaining why I found this iteration slightly harder to give birth to.
I must admit I almost struggled to find tracks that would fit in a new Cosmix, and even though I am extremely proud of the final result, it is obvious even to the least attentive listener that this mix is a lot more house and tech than it is disco, although the filiation is never far.
Am I forecasting the end of the series?
That would be akin to forecasting the end of music…
But the future will be a continuum of the past and I doubt there can be more than one additional iteration in this series, if at all…
Monsieur Seb Presents Cosmix 10: Atom & Eve
- Tender Love – Layo & Bushwacka
- Les Mondes Engloutis (Psychemagik 5am Mix) – Alico Vs. Cagri
- Switch – Tomson & Benedict
- Faux De Baux – Real Connoisseur
- Saturday Morning (Ruben & Ra’s Cosmic Jam) – Ajello
- The Blue Train (Dicky Trisco Mix) – Drop Out Orchestra
- Circle – Mad:Am
- Pieces (Panorama Mix) – Flashmob Feat . Laila Walker
- Eternity – Roberto Rodriguez
- In The Morning – Wolf + Lamb
- Sweet Talk (Urulu Works For Me Dub) – Jessie Ware
- The Traveller – Manuel Tur
- Systemwide – Christian Smith
- Mungolian Jetset Presents Knights Of Jumungus: The Dark Incal – Mungolian Jetset
- Castle (Fran Von Vie Remix) – Stas Karpenkov
- Karoo – Larse
- All I See Is You (Miguel Graca Remix) – Lemi Featuring James Reid With Natasha Flame
- Mon Duul – Cerebro
- Earth – Nu
- Are You Sure Joe (Neil Quigley’s Journey To Metaluna) – Cine City
- Brothers On The Slide (Jimpster Remix) – Patchworks Ginger Xpress
- Mark My Words (Monkey Boots/Disco Edits Re-Edit) – Shallow Taxi Club
- Eg-Ged-Osis (Todd Terje Extended Edit) – Lindstrom
- The Church of Moroder – Chardonnay
- Lipps (Inland Knights Kiss It Remix) – Inland Knights/Gil Tamazyan
- Silver Tears (Space Ranger Remix) – Ajello
- Love Somebosdy Else (Feat. Joi Cardwell) – Maceo Plex & Jon Dasilva
- How Do You Do? (Todd Terje Remix) – Hot Chip
- Gun Shy (Lindstrøm Remix) – Grizzly Bear
- Journey To The Sun (Milton Jackson Club Mix) – The Sunburst Band
- Dance Like Nobody’s Watching – Roberto Rodriguez
- Sunset (Lpz Remix) – Compuphonic
- Faar-I-Kaal – Lindstrøm
- Mungolian Jetset Presents Jaga Jazzist Vs Knights Of Jumungus: Toccata – Mungolian Jetset
I recorded my last set in my fourth — and as it turned out, last — year as a resident at Montreal’s nicest terrasse, and I think it’s a nice farewell mix with tracks that encompass everything I’ve played there over the years.
A couple of the mixes are not top notch, but those things can happen to the best of them when playing live and talking to guests at the same time! 😉
You can stream it I Am Rhythm or “right-click/save as” on the image to download it.