I didn’t exactly know what this new mix was going to become.
What I knew is that I wanted to record a mix that would be a good example of the convergence I’ve been noticing between a certain faction of the Deep House branch and some of the housier tracks in the Cosmic Disco realm.
I even pondered making this a new iteration of my Cosmix series, but changed my mind as the gestation process progressed.
So, in the end, what I’m offering y’all is a nice one hundred and four minutes of Deep summery vibes that’ll complement your hot days as well as your cool nights.
As usual, you can stream it
summerbreeze or download it by right-clicking the image on the right.
As always, your donations are welcome to help me pay for the file hosting! 😉
- Lay It Down (Andre Lodemann Remix) – Omar
- Stay Home And Chill (Jay Tripwire Groovedub Mix) – Dead Echo
- Feverish (The Revenge Remix) – Chamboche
- Miss World – 6th Borough Project
- Lost In Music (The Revenge Rework) – Sister Sledge
- Magnetic Field – Ichisan
- Thursday (Lexx Remix) – Databoy78
- 1987 – Diskjokke
- Bange Anelser – Ytre Rymden Dansskola
- Truth & Temptation – Burnt Island Casuals (aka Harri & The Revenge)
- Prometeus (Extended Version) – Elegante Orchestra
- Philip (Part 2) – Pezzner
- Isla Coneja – Michael Manteca vs. Plastique De Reve
- Way Out (Plastique De Reve Mix) – Skatebard
- Let The Music Move – Shahrokh Dini
- Discotheque – Acos Coolkas
- Hot – Beatfanatic
- Swimmin’ – Tornado Wallace
- Endless Love Feat. Louie Austen – Phonique
- Aquarium – Daco
Yes yes yes, boys and girls, it is finally here!
I was itching and scratching to get a new Cosmix iteration out since my set at Picnik Electronik (which was basically Cosmix vol. 3.5) and the ensuing Cosmix vol. 4, last August.
It took a while to put it together and find its groove — I do put a lot of thought and research into that series — but what a groove it found for itself!
This, my dear friends, is definitely the grooviest of the Cosmix series, so far!
You are about to download and listen a massive 2 hours and 38 minutes of tasty bits, the danciest, most straightforward of the lot, but then again, maybe not…
All together, the first three tracks alone take up 35 minutes of the total runtime and about a very groovy hour later, there’s a nice psychedelic break so you can light up a fat spliff before you start dancing again and get worked up for that one-two-three, jab-body blow-uppercut finale that’ll leave you dehydrated and, hopefully, ecstatic. I DO strongly recommend that you listen to this mix in one sitting to fully appreciate it, otherwise the overall groove I was talking about before kinda gets lost…
Personnally, I’ll be bold and daring and say it IS flat out, no competition, my favourite mix in the Cosmix series so far.
Two little tracklist notes:
• The very first track was kindly offered by the artist even though it is still unreleased, and I have promised Dominique to help him get this track signed, so if you have any interest in releasing it or know someone who might, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• As you’ve noticed, I take as little credit as possible when recording a mix, after all, I do them to introduce you to artists you might not know. Now, you’ll also notice that one track in the playlist has no links. The thing is, with that one, I have no idea how it got in my iTunes library. I subscribe to dozens of music blogs and such, and when I tried finding a relevant link for this track, I came up basically empty handed. If you have something to suggest, please do!
- It’s All Over Now Except for One Last Bit – Dominique Leone (Unreleased)
- Gimme (Kango’s Autostrada Dei Laghi Mix) – Headman & Dieter Meier
- Venus – Roberto Rodriguez
- Untitled Love (Instrumental Mix) – Still Going
- The Way You Move (Greg Wilson Version) – Social Disco Club & Maia
- PARTY★NIGHT – ID:69
- Bumpin’ – Phreek Plus One
- This Feeling – Lovebirds
- Baby Can’t Stop – Lindstrom & Christabelle
- Jetstream (Lindstrom Remix) – Doves
- You’ll Disappear (Ilya Santana Remix) – The Phenomenal Handclap Band
- Space Summer (Plastique De Reve Sweet Remix) – Ludan Dross
- Hot on the Heels of Love – Throbbing Gristle
- 45:33 (Theo Parrish’s Space Cadet Remix) – LCD Soundsystem
- Looking For What – Lindstrom & Christabelle
- A Brag Mount – In Flagranti
- Cold Coke feat. Sauveur Mallia – Pierre-Alain Dahan, Slim Pezin, Marc Chantereau, Georges Rodi, Jean Pierre Sabar
- Heart Break Dancing – Downtown Party Network
- Far Beneath London – Padded Cell
- The Pretender (Holy Ghost Remix) – Datarock
- Black Flag (Emperor Machine Remix) – Duchess Says
- Horns Of Innocence (Xavier Naudascher Remix) – Rebotini
Just a few months after the second iteration came the third of the series, Third Sun from the Rock.
This one’s birth was tougher.
I re-recorded it twice before I was entirely satisfied with it technically, while musically, I stretched out the boudaries of the genre even more, going as far as including tracks that didn’t readily fall within those boudaries.
Let’s put it this way: I was offering people to include them within those boundaries, if they were willing to stretch those boundaries alongside this DJ.
The presence of Swag’s edit of New Jersey Deep by Black Science Orchestra or Lullabies in the Dark’s Iridium are telling examples.
The jury is still out on whether this one or its predecessor is the better mix: they both have their strong points, and they both boogie!
Hope you enjoy!
- Don’t Turn Away (From My Love) – Lovelock
- Liberate – Force of Nature
- Stop – Casco presents B.W.H
- Di Solito – Popular Computer
- What The Fuck Do You Want With Us, Earthlings? – The Diaphanoids
- The Low Murderer Is Out At Night (AN-2 Remix) – Low Motion Disco
- L-ight – Force of Nature
- The Dancer – New Phunk Theory
- Kosmetisk – Magnus International
- Cosmic Wild Boar – LSB
- Radar Pulse Is Sent – Ichisan
- Grand Ideas – Lindstrøm
- Iridium – Lullabies in the Dark
- The Escape – Woolfy vs. Projections
- Otaku – Popular Computer
- Boulderdash – Division by Zero
- Cedar (Yamwho? Remix) – Spektrum
- Goblin City (Holy Ghost! Extended Disco Dub Mix) – Panthers
- Pom Pom (The Juan Maclean Backup Vox Mix) – Matthew Dear
- Pluto’s Retreat (Optimus Remix) – Brennan Green
- Riot On Planet 10 (Blitz Gramsci Remix) – Strangelets
- Psychedelic Symmetry – Free Disco
- New Jersey Deep (Swag Edit) – Black Science Orchestra
- I’m Ready – Kano
- Pendulo (Pete Herbert Edit) – Silver City
- Supernovac (Live At The Lanchonete Version) – I:Cube
- Resist – Plastique De Rêve feat. Radical Cheerleaders