Lately I’ve been going through every post in the DJ Mixes category to fix the download (and streaming, if necessary) links in an effort to ensure that everything is available easily and also to be as complete as I can about my output over the years. With this in mind, I created this post to take a census of all the mixes I recorded for my friend, the late Phil Larochelle’s Radio_Annexia channel on Mixcloud. Here they are in chronological order from 2010 to 2018.This show, which was reposted on July 29th, 2022, is currently 18th in the global Dark Ambient chart. This show was 26th in the global ambient chart. This show was 62nd in the global ambient chart. This show was 7th in the global experimental chart, 13th in the global eclectic chart, 27th in the global ambient chart and 34th in the global electronica chart. This show – an homage to my friend Jean-Seb Roux’s music under various aliases – was 8th in the global dub techno chart, 11th in the global minimal techno chart and 46th in the global ambient chart.
So, I couldn’t sleep last night, decided to work on the new chapter of the Loungin’ series, but at some point got fed up of overthinking it, so I just hit record after deciding on what the first track would be, but no idea of where I would go from there. Recorded in one take. I like it a lot. Hope you do too!
- Fork In The Path (David Marston & Dan Izco Dub) – Life on Planets
- Sun Up Sun Down feat. theeKIDICARUS – Mark de Clive-Lowe
- Death of Hercules – Lordamercy
- The Juno Crusade – Patchworks Galactic Project
- Dubplate Special – Henry Wu
- Who’s That Lady – Lucas Arruda
- Meet Me In the Snow – The Digitarians
- Mondgesicht – Orchester Ambros Seelos
- Young Freedom – Francis Lai
- Penwick Pool – POOLS
- Rapper’s Delight – Taggy Matcher
- Loving You Was Like a Party – Marlena Shaw
- Santiago Black (Ptaki Remix) – Al Dobson Jr.
- More Than – Amp Fiddler
- Un Um Canto de Afoxé Para O Bloco de Ilê (Ilê Ayê) – Caetano Veloso
- Escorpião – Carlos Dafé
- Brazilian Rhyme (extended version) – Earth Wind & Fire
- Tubin’ (DJ Vas remix) – POOLS
- Moonbuilding 2703 AD – The Orb
- I Mean (Dollkraut’s band reinterpretation) – Paul Frick feat. Emika
- Memory Jane – Boze Man
Another mix?! That’s four in just over a month!
Well, yes, but there’s a simple explanation…
I have genre folders in my iTunes library — Ambient, House, Tech, Cosmic Disco, etc. — where I put tracks that I fancy whenever I stumble upon them.
So, every once in a while, I peek into those folders and when there’s enough raw material to consider recording a mix, I toy around with said raw material to see if the muses are with me.
As for Cosmix 7.5, that was commissioned, with a due date and a fixed exclusivity period, hence the 30 days between it and Cosmix 8.
Add that to the fact that the more I mix, the more I want to mix…
It’s always been like that and a keen observer will notice that my production often comes in such bursts. Many artists operate with the same impetus.
In any case, the creation of this Ambient mix was guided by harmonic progression but created out of pure expressionist instinct and it’s de facto very personal. This might mean that some people won’t like it, but I humbly doubt that.
I sincerely hope you enjoy it.
- Flowers for Yulia – Max Richter
- Spangle (Autechre remix) – Seefeel
- Sun Drugs – Stars of the Lid
- Deep Blue Day – Brian Eno
- Signals – Seefeel
- Assassin (Chocolate Hills Of Bohol Mix) – The Orb
- Jack And Jill (Selffish Remix) – Benfay
- Regressor – Demdike Stare
- Wooloomooloo – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Six Fantasies on a Poem by Thomas Campion: Her Song – Paul Lansky
- Low and Order – Frank Martiniq
- Extwistle Hall – Demdike Stare
- Harmonium – Max Richter
- Irradian Irradiant – Jesse Somfay
- Basscadet (Basscadubmx) – Autechre
- Into The Fourth Dimension (Essenses In Starlight) – The Orb
- Sealand – Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark
- Articulate Silences part 2 – Stars of the Lid
- Late Anthropocene – Brian Eno