Another mix?! That’s four in just over a month!
Well, yes, but there’s a simple explanation…
I have genre folders in my iTunes library — Ambient, House, Tech, Cosmic Disco, etc. — where I put tracks that I fancy whenever I stumble upon them.
So, every once in a while, I peek into those folders and when there’s enough raw material to consider recording a mix, I toy around with said raw material to see if the muses are with me.
As for Cosmix 7.5, that was commissioned, with a due date and a fixed exclusivity period, hence the 30 days between it and Cosmix 8.
Add that to the fact that the more I mix, the more I want to mix…
It’s always been like that and a keen observer will notice that my production often comes in such bursts. Many artists operate with the same impetus.
In any case, the creation of this Ambient mix was guided by harmonic progression but created out of pure expressionist instinct and it’s de facto very personal. This might mean that some people won’t like it, but I humbly doubt that.
I sincerely hope you enjoy it.
As usual, you can stream it
Moving Stillness or download it by right-clicking the image on the right.
- Flowers for Yulia – Max Richter
- Spangle (Autechre remix) – Seefeel
- Sun Drugs – Stars of the Lid
- Deep Blue Day – Brian Eno
- Signals – Seefeel
- Assassin (Chocolate Hills Of Bohol Mix) – The Orb
- Jack And Jill (Selffish Remix) – Benfay
- Regressor – Demdike Stare
- Wooloomooloo – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Six Fantasies on a Poem by Thomas Campion: Her Song – Paul Lansky
- Low and Order – Frank Martiniq
- Extwistle Hall – Demdike Stare
- Harmonium – Max Richter
- Irradian Irradiant – Jesse Somfay
- Basscadet (Basscadubmx) – Autechre
- Into The Fourth Dimension (Essenses In Starlight) – The Orb
- Sealand – Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark
- Articulate Silences part 2 – Stars of the Lid
- Late Anthropocene – Brian Eno