It’s around 2005 that I discovered this new sound whose name (or names, as the case may be) I was still unaware of and which blew me away.
Slowly, I started researching, digging virtual crates and it took me a good year before I felt confident enough to try my hand at mixing the tenors of the genre.
As it happened, it was the first mix I recorded with my newly acquired Torq Xponent and the mix that made me decide I was doing away with the restriction imposed by the 75 minutes time limitation of the CD, which itself replaced the good old cassette tape, cutting out yet another 15 minutes from what used to be a good DJ mix.
From that point on, I have not recorded a mix shorter than 1h45 minutes, and all three Cosmix iterations are close to 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Monsieur Seb’s Cosmix — Recorded Live January 2nd 2008
- Kids with Sex Bits (Monsieur Seb’s mashup of Kids with Guns (Quiet Village Remix) [Gorillaz] and Dave’s Sex Bits (Quiet Village Remix) [Toby Tobias]
- Music (In My Mind) – Lindtrøm feat. Christabelle
- Mount Pleasant Lane (Spuns Manthrax) – Mudd
- Illusion (Lindstrøm Dub) – Imagination
- Let’s Practice – Lindstrøm feat. Solale
- Rex Drums – Christian Prommer’s DrumLesson
- Sentimental Breakdown – Doc L Junior
- Secret Pillow (Prins Thomas Remix) – Bermuda Triangle
- Clairevoyage (16th Rebels Of Mung Medley) – Dominique Leone
- Get Innocuous! (Soulwax Remix) – LCD Soundsystem
- Original Highway Delight (Mungolian Jet Set’s Miami Camp Mix) – LSB
- Jurassico (Prins Thomas Miks Del 1 & 2) – Nemesi
- Dragon (Shit Robot Remix) – Dondolo
- Stratus Energy (Special Disco mix) – Faze Action
- Another Station (Todd Terje Remix) – Lindstrøm
- All Flowers Must Fade – Daniel Wang
- Erodyne – Metro Area
- Erotic Discourse (2020 Livestyle Reversion) – Paul Woolford aka Bobby Peru
- Speak & Spell (Putsch 79 Remix) – Will Saul
- Nummer Fire En – Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas