I’ve been noticing a trend in the past year or so: my mix production is cluster-like. When I make one, many follow in short order, apparently…
This is the fourth in two months, and just before that, around the Holidays, I did four in a month!
In any case…
Ambient mixes I love doing because they require a completely different approach… There is no beat matching going on; it’s a totally musical job.
Now, ever since I discovered and bought Mixed in Key — probably one of the best DJing software I’ve ever bought — making ambient mixes is even more interesting. What this software does is analyze your tracks to find out what key they’re in so you can mix harmonically…
I use it for all my mixes, but it really has become invaluable to create ambient sets like this one.
I am an amateur musician and possess a rather good ear, but this software means I can whip up a two-hours mix (in this case) in just a little more than double it’s length, and that doesn’t mean I skimp on the musical research. Nope. I just don’t waste as much time figuring out if the tracks are compatible harmonically…
Here’s the result of my latest endeavour: I sincerely hope you will enjoy it!
You can stream or download it here and your donations are welcome to help me pay for the file hosting!
The Light Within
- …Or Are You Just A Technician / Chant — The Durutti Column (2010)
- Make The Pain Go Away — Bvdub (2011)
- Thrill Wave — Yello (1980)
- Metamorphis — Trentemoller (2010)
- Ruling (King Britt Scubambient) — Osborne (2008)
- Horizon — Hatchback (2008)
- Simple Peal — Underworld (2010)
- Love & Air — Essáy (2011)
- Libretto — Barnt (2011)
- My Frozen Spirit — Pechenga (2008)
- Once In A Moment — Marsen Jules (2011)
- Beginner’s Waltz — Bhutan Tiger Rescue (2011)
- Sad And Fucked (Not Moving) — National Park System (2011)
- Volax — Jens-Uwe Beyer (2011)
- Smirak’s Train — Yello (1980)
- Ghost Town — The Spaceape (2009)
- Gamma — Trentemoller & Buda (2007)
- The Real — Brian Eno (2011)
- Titan — Thomas Fehlmann (2011)
- Dunkelraum — Triola (2011)
- The Visitor (The Field Remix) — Miracle (2011)
- Elevatorium — Terre Thaemlitz (1995)
- Summa Afrique (Oren Ambarchi Remix) — Tape (2004)
- Brother — The Durutti Column (2010)
One thought on “The Light Within”