A few days ago, I set out to do a new House/Tech mix (and I write House/Tech rather than Techouse on purpose) and, just a few tracks into the planning, it became obvious that this new mix was going to become the second iteration of a new series.
The more I think about the concept, and the more I listened to the original House Music for Grown-Ups mix, the more I realized I was onto something, here.
“Yeah? What?” I can hear you say…
Well, what I’m onto is a new series of mixes devoted to House music, and electronic music in general, that can be used on a dancefloor — if only because of its tempo —, just as well as in a living room, lounge, car, or whatever.
Fear not, the Cosmix series won’t suffer from this coopetition.
In other words, this new series will be devoted to House music devoid of the usual (and ultimately boring) dancefloor gimmickry, House music that you are not ashamed of liking and playing for your mom (if you’re under 40) or for your friends (if you’re over 40).
One might call it headphone House, but I find that limiting.
I must say that from this point of view, I am REALLY proud of this mix, as much for the musical selection as the technical aspect of the mixing.
As a matter of fact, I think it is one of my best outputs, technically, with several mixes lasting well over a minute or three, with one even lasting a full 5 minutes (from 1:01:31 to 1:06:39).
Now, I’m not saying I’m an mix athlete.
I’m just an old-school DJ and as such I was taught that a good mix is a long mix and that the real art of DJing is creating a new atmosphere, almost a new track, from by combining two tracks.
Well, I humbly think I’ve succeeded, here. 🙂
House Music for Grown-Ups, volume 2
- Phobos – Forces of Nature
- Speechless – Agoria feat. Carl Craig
- Find Your Soul (Minilogue’s Introspection mix) – Larsson
- My Girls (Mike Monday’s Unofficial Remix) – Animal Collective (unreleased)
- Silk City (Fred Everything Lazy Vox Remix) – Kruse & Nuernberg feat. Nathalie Claude
- Subzero (D Pulse Remix) – Amberflame
- Every Minute Alone (Tale Of Us & Seth Troxler Dub Edit) – WhoMadeWho
- Strange Aeons (Strictly Jazz Unit Muzic Eternity Mix) – Snoretex
- 40004 A – Wax
- Easy As Can Be (Tom Middleton Liquitech Mix) – Guy J
- Somebody’s Property (OOFT Bassline Dub) – Mash
- Naked Lunch – Subwave
- Everything – Prommer & Barck
- OFI (SDC’s Evasive Funk mix) – Model 500
- You Know The Score – Hardfloor feat. E.R.P.
- Clear & Present – Paperclip People
- Reindeer Salsa (The Knights of Jumungus Jingle Jungle Morning Mix) – Skatebård