Yesterday’s post concerning the Plug track provoked a few reactions from friends, notably one from Joelle, who asked me for more tracks from that era.
My initial reaction was “Well, I have to sit down and make an effort to remember all the tracks we loved back then”, but then I remembered I have a quick solution at hand:
a mix recorded live (on a cassette tape, with vinyls!) on Easter Sunday 1998, during my last residency in Quebec City at club Sinclair.
What a great night it was!
This mix exists only as a RealAudio file, sadly, but the quality is still acceptable and I think the mix is pretty damn good too!
It was recorded during the first part of the evening, between 10:30pm and midnight, approximately, so I guess you can call it the warm-up part of the night, but if I remember well, the dancefloor was gtting pretty packed even at about the halfway point of this mix.
- On Da Rocks – Thomas Bangalter
- Holiday On Ice – Le Knight Club
- Love In (Fucking Music 4 Love Time Mix) – Sexy Cool
- Pancake Jaz – Glenn Underground
- Runaway (Spanish Underground Mix) – Nuyorican Soul
- Honey Falls – New Phunk Theory
- Love Revolution (Mood II Swing Remix 1) – Mysterious People
- Music In My Mind (Deep Dish El Nino Mix) – Adam F
- Sunny Side – Couch Potatoes
- For All Those Times – Harrison Crump
- Break of Dawn – Paul Hester
- The Book (Attack of the Crab Monsters Mix) – Salt City Orchestra
- Sangue De Beirona (Remix de François K.) – Cesaria Evora
- Faithfull (Prassay Mix) – Fantom