So… Tech House is all the rage, huh?
There’s not a genre I haven’t spun or can’t spin, always with my very own unique touch, cuz I hate doing things just like everybody else.
So that’s what I set out to do with this mix.
But, really, I also dig this genre, or at least I did when I recorded this mix.
Since then, it has started going in circles, in my opinion, much like a snake eating its own tail.
Some FX and signature sounds (like those sweeps of white noise every few bars) have become so cliché and widespread among the established, as well as up-and-coming, producers that it seems no one is doing Tech House because they genuinely like it anymore, but rather because that’s where the money is at the moment.
Hope you enjoy this mix, I think it is a very good portrait of that scene, at that time and, maybe, even since, plus it’s technically quite accomplished, if I may say so myself 😉
Monsieur Seb’s House of Tech — Recorded February 18th 2008
Title (remix) _ Artist _ Label
- Play Pig (Pig & Dan Remix 2) _ Underworld _ Underworldlive.com
- Mongoose _ Sasha _ emFire Music
- Anon _ Fergie _ Excentric Muzik
- Evolve _ Prompt _ 7noise
- Stay Together (The Ravin’ Mix) _ Barbara Tucker _ Strictly Rhythm
- Psika _ Dusty Kid _ Boxer Recordings
- Manta _ Jona _ Get Physical
- Mode _ G. Riedatz _ Timbee Music
- Enter the Drum _ Audiojack _ 20:20 Vision
- 71 Aldie _ Marcel Wave _ Freerange Records
- Merging (Wild Glitch Dub) _ TJ Kong & Nuno Dos Santos feat. Robert Owens _ Compost
- The Resident _ Vincenzo _ Dessous Recordings
- Screaming Hands (Wink Interpretation) _ Radio Slave _ Rekids
- Senderon _ Fergie _ Excentric Muzik
- 27 Holton _ Marcel Wave _ Freerange Records
- Fiori _ Âme Sonar _ Kollektiv