Here’s a new mix for you that is both conceptual and impressionist.
Impressionist because I wanted a mix that would play as a soundtrack to this season — sorry I couldn’t wait until Sept. 22nd to release it! — and conceptual because to create such an impressionist soundscape, I selected only tracks that contained one or more of the following words in their title:
- Autumn, Fall, Leaves, Rain, September, October, November
It is a rather ambiant affair, and therefore not recommended for the operation of heavy machinery.
Watching the rain fall or walking through a forest are, however, perfectly appropriate activities to carry out while listening to this mix.
Doing so on a Sunday will, without a doubt, add to your enjoyment.
As a bonus, you’ll hear one of my compositions in this mix… Hope you enjoy both of them!
As usual, you can stream it
or download it by right-clicking the image on the right.
Fall, Autumn Rain (Total run time – 1:34:39)
- September – David Sylvian
- Pale September – Fiona Apple
- Autumn Leaves (Irresistible Force Mix) – Coldcut
- Autumn – Social System
- Dunwich Beach, Autumn 1960 – Brian Eno
- Fall – Monsieur Seb
- Sunrain – Ashra
- Sometimes In Autumn – Harmonia 76 & Brian Eno (you can legally download Shackleton’s remix of this track here)
- The Leaves Are Gone – Secret Machines
- Rain Bird – Love & Rockets
- Life In The Rain – Quantic
- The Falling Leaves – Ramachandra Borcar Presents The Stacked Deck
- Fall – Miles Davis
- Autumn Abyss – Elitechnique